With our background in tax law, we focus on family wealth transfers and closely held business planning, with an emphasis on considerations relating to gift, estate, generation-skipping and other transfer taxes. We also advise clients regarding the pros and cons of lifetime giving and making appropriate provisions for beneficiary designations on retirement plan benefits.
With this is mind, NorthStar Law Group, P.S. provides the following planning:
- Wills— Directing who will inherit your estate on your death
- Financial Durable Powers of Attorney— Appointing a person you trust to manage your business and personal affairs if you’re unable
- Health Care Durable Powers of Attorney— Authorizing a trusted person to make medical decisions on your behalf in the event you aren’t able
- Health Care Directives / Advance Directives / “Living Wills” — Declaring your wishes regarding “end-of-life” decisions
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts— Advanced strategies to protect your assets from taxes, probate and litigation, ensure your assets pass according to your wishes, generate income or provide for special needs or charity
- Asset Protection and Legacy Planning— Legally protecting your family wealth from creditors to ensure you pass on a legacy
- Business Succession Planning— Passing your family business to the next generations through the use of buy-sell agreements, limited liability companies (LLC), S corporations and other legal entities
Our overall goal in assisting our clients is not only to resolve uncertainty about asset disposition and tax exposure, but also to give our clients a feeling of security regarding the care of vulnerable dependents, probate avoidance, family business management succession, and protecting our clients’ interests in the event of an incapacitating accident or terminal illness.
NorthStar Law Group’s estate planning clients include closely-held business owners, physicians, accountants and other professionals, corporate executives, entertainers and authors. Our advice in every case is tailored to the specific needs, circumstances and objectives of each of our clients. So, contact NorthStar Law Group, P.S. to work with you on creating an estate plan to meet your goals.